The e-reader market is a funny one. Consumers gawk, but complain about the price of the device and downloads. Still, 33 percent of you admit to owning an electronic book gizmo like Amazon's Kindle, which has quickly become a travel essential for celebs.
If you've committed to an e-reader you can fill 'er up for free, you just have to know where to get your reading material. Feedbooks is a handy e-reading platform that's compatible with all major mobile devices — from the Kindle, iPhone, iPod Touch, to the Sony PRS-505 — and allows you to download thousands of free e-books. You can also publish and share content, and create customized newspapers from RSS feeds and widgets. The site's collection airs on the classic side (top downloads include The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes), but you're guaranteed to find something. It's free, after all.
For a video look at how to use the site with the Kindle, read more.
Got a cool website you'd like to share? Follow the steps below!
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!