One of the greatest things about the availability of digital cameras, photo archiving and sharing services like flickr is the fact that we can explore the unexpected treasures our friends family and even strangers have taken. Taking mini virtual vacations via someone else's photo library always quenches my voyeuristic and nosy side but it can get a little labor intensive - You know you always get stuck looking at three nearly identical photos your Aunt Betty took of her plants.
The creator has also released Twittervision, which keeps folks updated as to what people on the popular Twitter community are doing in real time.
I find Flickervision to be far more exciting and beautiful, but that's only because I'd rather see Rebecca in Myanmar enjoy a café au lait at her favorite cafe rather than read an update about it.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and start information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!