The last time I had to pick out a pair of glasses, I felt stricken with guilt that I was taking up too much of the salesperson's time. He'd pick out a style, I'd pick out another one, and it went like this back and forth for about an hour. So you can imagine how happy I was when I discovered a cool site on Digital Inspiration called Frame Finder, that allows you to try on glasses virtually. I decided to use my adorable mother as the guinea pig for this online experiment to see if the site actually works as well as I'd hope.
Once you upload a large (at least 700 pixels wide), fairly centered photo, Frame Finder will then help you make a few more adjustments to make sure they get the dimensions correct (and figure out where your eyes, and nose are situated). After a couple of tries getting the photo centered correctly — I actually had to re-upload it since my mom's head was a little bit tilted — it was finally ready for some virtual eye glasses action. I had some fun clicking through various frame designers like Guess, Ray Ban and Oakley, as well as seeing what designs suited my mom's face the best. Naturally, they give you the option of purchasing the frame (although I'm sure you could take the model number to a store in your area). Overall, the user-interface isn't that friendly, and it does take a bit of work before your photo is ready to go, but it is free, and the results are quite accurate.
Do you have a cool site like this you want to share with geeksugar readers? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!