'Tis the season of giving thanks and giving back, so it only seems appropriate that the site FreeRice has been getting a great deal of attention. The site's goals are twofold: Provide English vocabulary lessons for free and help end world hunger by providing free rice to hungry people.
The site is a definition game, offering you multiple definition choices for a given word and asking you to click on the answer that best defines the word. If you get it right, you get a harder word. If you get it wrong, the next word is easier. For each correct answer, Free Rice donates ten grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!