My friend recently got on a roll about a co-worker he thinks is "unprofessional and uneducated" because her e-mails are filled with typos and misspelled names. His rant got me thinking about the fact that most of us have convinced the world we are great typists and spellers when really e-mail services, programs and even web browsers have been doing all the real work. I can't imagine what my letters would look like if they were written on a typewriter instead of a computer, but I can promise everyone would think I'm a dunce.
If you are in the mood to be transparent and honest about your typing skills, check out Fuzzmail, a site that records the act of writing and lets you send it as an email. Any of your "dynamic changes, typos, pauses and writeovers are captured and communicated." Meaning your friend gets a flash email that shows your email just as you wrote it. The creators made the site because they wanted a "more emotionally expressive alternative to email, so that an emailed love letter does not have to look the same as a business letter."
The site is free, all you have to do is type a message and fuzzmail will record what you type. When you send the letter the recipient will get a private web link to read the message replayed in the way that you typed it. It's certainly a refreshing way to communicate.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post”
- Give your story a “Title”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it
- Click “Next"
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags
- Click “I’m done” to submit content
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!