Though it seems like Facebook has been invaded by our respective family members, it's not always a family-friendly place to be, even with the new private groups. And you certainly wouldn't want your preteen niece on it.
The destination where that is possible, though, is Glubble. Glubble is like the family-friendly social network. I'm not saying give up your Facebook account and join, but it's worth it to open a new account for Glubble if you have a big family that wants to be able to share photos, videos, and messages on the Internet — but in a secure environment.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!