If you have a few odd jobs that need to be completed, but don't feel like searching through the yellow pages for help, Hire a Helper is an easy to use site that will search for help in your area for a particular task. From moving help, cleaning help, landscaping help, gardening help, house cleaning, and general day labor, Hire a Helper will provide you with a description of the 'helpers', customer reviews, a quote including travel fees etc., and you can pay for the service directly through the website. The helper will contact you within 24 hours, and if for some reason they cannot help you, you can choose another helper or choose to cancel the job. Now this is what I call getting things done without barely lifting a finger!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!