Whimsical and sentimental, I Used to Believe is a collaborative website where people post what their childhood misconceptions and beliefs were.
Posts range from funny kid stuff — like what tapioca eyes really were, where babies came from — to the philosophical and surreal, like the thought that the world didn't exist unless you were looking. That last one for me is one of my childhood beliefs as well; in fact, it's not uncommon to cruise around the site reading entries and going, "me too!"
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!