Much like the Lovelines and We Feel Fine, which search the world's newly posted blog entries for occurrences of the phrases "I love" and "I feel," the I . You. He . She site uses live questions from Yahoo! Answers to generate an overall, up-to-the-minute impression of people's raw feelings and thoughts on the network.
Says designer Juliana Yamashita: “I am most interested in exploring alternative ways of displaying data from Yahoo's network. By looking at the data from different perspectives, unexpected activity patterns and user's interests can emerge, which in turn can inspire new products and interfaces.”
Typically such language visualization applications screen out common words, so Juliana decided to seek out pronoun words and see how often they are used on Yahoo! Answers. What resulted is a neat example of how we use pronouns and how we express how we feel about ourselves and others online. The entries range from "I smell real bad, please help!" "She canceled on the day of our first date," to "What are we coming to?"
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!