A couple of you got really excited by my How to Make A Cell Phone Stand from a Business Card post yesterday and I realized it was high time I formally introduced you all to Instructables. It's a fantastic site that offers user submitted instructions for Do It Yourself projects, crafts and handy tips.
For example, have you ever seen Hummingbirds buzzing outside your window and wished you had a way of capturing them? User makescreenname has submitted a great guide to making a "hummingbird shooter, that will allow you to get great digital shots of the birds.
If you're not into birds, Instructables has some great tips like How to use the Macro Mode on your camera (Macro Mode is what makes YumSugar's photos of food and baked goods look so delicious!) or if you're feeling more geeky, How to make Homemade Infrared Goggles for less than $10.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!