Jyngle is a mobile and online messaging service that helps you easily share information with groups of people. You can send voice or text messages to entire groups, without calling or text messaging each individual person. Jyngle was launched in 2006 to expand social networking options using phone, SMS and Internet, and to make it easier for people to send out group messages, invite friends to events and remind our coworkers of meetings (among other things). Users can create, send and receive mass messages via the Web interface or their cell phones, even if they don't have a BlackBerry or PDA.
The goal of the creators is to "bring social networks back to the real world through an essential, on-the-go lifeline: your phone." I say it's all the freedom of a handheld, without having one. To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and start information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!