OK parents, have I got the best website for you today. If your kids have their own computers, or they have their own "kids" account on your home computer, set this website as the homepage, pronto! Powered by Google Custom Search, KidRex is a fun child-friendly search website that uses Google SafeSearch technology to eliminate inappropriate material. I tested it out with words like sex, penis, intercourse, and Britney naked, and every search term returned a "Oops! Try Again" response — which means it works! Although it claims to not be 100 accurate, it worked pretty flawlessly for me. And considering what kids see via the regular Google search engine, this seems to be a pretty great alternative. It's in the same awesomeness league as the BlackBerry for tots.
Do you have a cool site like this you want to share with geeksugar readers? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!