Last week, PartySugar and I decided we needed a little after work brew. After coming up empty handed with ideas, I suggested we check out Mappy Hour, a great site to help you locate happy hour hotspots in your city. Sure enough, Mappy Hour provided us with many options. All you have to do is type in your city, state or zipcode and let Mappy Hour do the rest. The site will instantly generate fifty of the closest happy hour locations which are conveniently shown on a Google map. Just click anywhere on the map to draw more beer glasses or click on the glass to see the name of the pub or bar. PartySugar and I were having so much fun with the site, that we almost missed out on all the happy hour action!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!