If Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams and Lacey Chabert would have opted to use a social networking site to vent their frustrations in the movie Mean Girls instead of their nasty "burn book," I am sure there would have been a much less painful jungle-dancing drama at the story's climax.
Myfrienemies, is a networking site that lets you connect with people who pretend to like the same people as you and let out your shared feelings for them. Rather than dwelling on the negative alone, the site invites you to foster new friendships based on shared dislikes, annoyances and disappointments.
I frown down on meanie behavior and prefer to give my attention to my friends instead of my enemies, but I think the concept of this site is pretty darn funny. Anti-networking sites are always a bit of a gas and at least this one is anonymous.
The site is much less revealing than myspace: Your identity is kept private (you only show your username), you can send secret messages to people who share frienemies with you and the actual names of your frienemies is also kept secret (names are kept on file for matching purposes, but not revealed). Users share short testimonials about why each frienemy made their list, which I suppose is a healthy way of venting frustration about people who have wronged you - so long as no names are "mistakenly" revealed. When another member submits a match to one of your frienemies you get notified via e-mail and invited to see their comments.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!