Tears For Fears was right about one thing: everybody wants to rule the world. I am sorry to report that as awesome as we each think we are, that just ain't gonna happen because we're all pretty, well average. So, next time you are feeling a little mundane, crushed and low (it happens to the best of us!), visit My Life Is Average, a site that celebrates normal, mediocre stories.
Readers submit and vote on how "average" or "meh" the stories are. Tales range from "Today I was using my electric shaver to shave, half way through it ran out of batteries. I plugged it into the charger and finished. MLIA." to "Today I flipped an egg too hard and it slipped off the pan. I had another dozen so I made a new one. MLIA." Chin up. We're all in this together.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!
Photo courtesy of CBS