Want to stay up to date with current events and news? There's a really neat site called Newsmap that posts headlines from world news sources throughout the day in a colorful mosaic of information. You can click on global news or choose a specific country and select from various categories like business, technology, sports, entertainment and health. By clicking on the headline, you are instantly directed to the corresponding news page. The best part is everything is color coded so you know exactly what story goes with what topic. Even if you miss a day, you can click on the bottom for daily archives and check out past stories! It's like painting by numbers with news. To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!