Ever feel like you eat lunch at the very same place with the very same people everyday? There's a new website called Noonhat that touts itself as being an "easy, safe way to meet new people over lunch." You enter your email address, date and and select a location on the site's map, and Noonhat matches you with a pack of strangers who are seeking solace from their usual lunch dates.
While the site almost sounds like a blind date network, the creator Brian Dorsey, claims he just wants to help people open up a bit and strike up good conversations. The site works nationwide. I dare you to try it and tell us about it!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!