For those of you who don't even want to take a vacation without Fido or Fluff, it's high time you check out Pets Welcome, a website that offers tips, an info exchange and a great route-based search capability that showcases pet-friendly lodgings between your road trip departure point and destination.
All you have to do is input your origin, destination, the maximum number of miles you will allow to search for a pet-friendly lodging off your main route (there's a 2-20 mile breakdown) and of course whether or not you want to avoid highways, toll road or ferry lanes. From there, you'll get a break down of all the hotels, motels and inns that happily welcome four-legged friends. Of course if you aren't taking a road trip and plan on flying into a city you can also check out listings in one location.
My search from San Francisco to Seattle (810 miles) turned up an alarming 98 results. If you can't find one decent place to stay in that list you might as well stay home.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!