PlayerBlock claims to be the "first ever text based service that allows people to look into the dating habits of others." The idea is you post a review of your date online or via your cell phone so that the next guy or gal has a heads up and won't get played. While I'm not convinced the service is necessary, it's certainly a technological step up from iDating parties, where you pick your date based on the pics on their iPhone.
PlayerBlock's text message platform allows you to post comments about the date (or player), as well as read and get responses from others that have had problems with him in the past. PlayerBlock is available to registered users or via text messaging from your cell phone and includes a monthly fee. Is it worth it? I don't know. I'm no player hater.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post”
- Give your story a “Title”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it
- Click “Next"
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags
- Click “I’m done” to submit content
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!