By uploading photos, or video content of burglary, theft, vandalism, or other criminal acts, members can search the database of crimes and offer tips and share information about specific crimes for which they have knowledge. Although it's not intended for violent crimes like murder, assault, or rape, which should be directed to a law enforcement agency.
Users can also receive crime alerts, earn cash for helping put known criminals in jail, and search the crime database by address or zipcode to see where crimes are being committed. The site will also be adding missing children photos and info in the near future.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.