If you plan on visiting a new city in the near future, but don't feel like expensing out on another travel guide (and you just so happen to have an iPhone or iPod Touch), check out Schmap — a handy interactive site that provides maps and full-color guides for over 200 destinations throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Just visit Schmap on your iPhone or iPod Touch for virtual tours, and guides on everything from hotels to activities and dining.
What's neat about Schmap's iPhone functionality is its rotate 'n' map feature that enables you to turn your iPhone sideways to see places on a map and scroll a list as the map dynamically updates. Schmap works on both Macs and PCs and also has a desktop application. To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!