We all know sharing is caring and we all love free stuff, so the idea behind Swap Tree seems too good to be true.
The site offers a place where you can trade media - be it books, music, DVDs or video games - for other items you want. The service is entirely free of charge, you just list the item you want to trade, wait as Swaptree's algorithms calculating what you're eligible to receive then choose your item. You are then given the choice to print your postage directly from your browser.
The fact that you don't have to make a separate trip to the post office to get postage makes the Swap Tree service easier than eBay or Craigslist and the fact that there is no money exchanged makes the entire process less sketchy. You'll need the UPC or ISBN code that is on the back of every CD, book, video game and DVD so your item can't be all beat up.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!