If your budget looks a lot like mine and splurging for big ticket items isn't in the cards right now, a site called Switch Planet allows you to easily swap items like video games, books, DVDs and CDs with other people. All you have to do is create a wish list so that other people can see what you want and send you their items (they'll then get points for their own wish lists). Is there a new game you want to try out? Or maybe a book you've been dying to read? Switch Planet will not only help you save your cash, but you'll be doing your part for the environment by reducing unnecessary waste. And doesn't the saying go, "One person's trash is another person's treasure?".
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!