With the Digital TV Transition underway, many people will need to scrap their old television sets for TVs that are capable of receiving a digital signal. What that means is that there will be millions of televisions being replaced and therefore being disposed of.
There's already some great sites to help you recycle your old TV, but I wanted to showcase a great site called Take Back My Button, which is a campaign of the Electronics TakeBack Coalition. This coalition of nonprofits strives to make companies responsible for the recycling of their TVs to help reduce e-waste dumping. Visit Take Back My TV to see if your television manufacturer will take back your TV and to find out how green electronic companies and retailers are.
Do you have a cool site like this you want to share with geeksugar readers? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!