I usually share websites of the day that aim to improve your digital lifestyle by making it simpler and more fun and efficient, but sometimes I have to give props to companies that are doing things right.
Sprint has created a diverting viral marketing site called Waitless that promises to help you "fast forward through life" with a selection of time saving tips submitted by readers. They call them "Sprintcuts," and range from instant shirt removal (who doesn't need that every once in a while?), speed tying your shoes and turbo parking, which offers a time rebate of nine days.
You can also waste quality office hours on the site calculating the time you spend on menial tasks, commuting or doing all those things you seem to be squandering your life away on. In my case, my 12-hour a day online addiction works out to about 39 years and one month of my life spent online. It's a depressing realization that I'm going to have to balance out with increased walks in the park or time at the gym.
The site's main gimick of course is the fact that Sprint's unlimited calling starts at 7 pm instead of 9 pm, which saves you two hours of waiting time a day - or four years of waiting over a life time. Too bad they can't provide service to my iPhone, right?
Thanks for the tip Chuger. I see you too are wasting your time online. To learn how to share your favorite sites with the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!