Today's Website of the Day is a site that will help you get active and get to know your neighborhood a little bit better. With Walk Score, you can type in a particular address and it will calculate the proximity of that address to nearby restaurants, stores, schools, parks, etc. A walk score at the top of the search will determine the "walkability" to certain locations. For instance, 90-100 is a walker's paradise as most errands can be accomplished on foot, whereas 25-50 is not walkable as only a few destinations are within easy walking range- so you'll have to jump in the car. Featured on lifehacker, the site also provides famous celebrity locations and the walkability to these hotspots. As most of the listings come from Google, there's a possibility that some businesses may be missing.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!