Similar to Farecast, Yapta lets you track airline prices so you can get the best deals on flights. Unlike Farecast, Yapta will alert you when the price drops so that you can either get that refund on a purchased ticket or buy that low-fare ticket on the prime flights. Thankfully Switched got the low down from Jeff Pecor, Yapta's PR Director about whether or not you get refunds if ticket prices drop after you buy your ticket. This what he had to say:
"Airlines only honor their 'guaranteed airfare rule' if people buy directly from the airline (so it doesn't apply if you buy on Expedia, for example)," says Pecor. "Our data from beta users shows that people will qualify for a travel voucher or refund on about one third (1/3) of the flights they take (based on average tracking period of 21 days). Every airline has slightly different rules regarding their airfare guarantees, so Yapta gives people the specific amount and specific instructions for each airline." If it actually works, this new site will be sooo useful!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!