Have you seen the time lapse videos on YouTube where people take a picture of themselves everyday? If not, check out the video of this girl or the video of Ben photos like the ones shown below. I've always secretly wished I had the time and dedication to do this everyday. Predictably, there is now a website called flick a day that lets you take one picture of yourself every day and share it with your family, friends or the whole wide world. All you need is a web cam and the site will automatically compile your pictures into a movie for anyone to watch. You can also embed the flickaday player anywhere online - time to start snapping!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!