The idea of being able to talk to someone face-to-face no matter where either of you happen to be in the world really excites me. So, it's starting to make sense why Martin Scorsese uses his MacBooks' iSight and iChat to direct on the set of his movies. If you find yourself trading in IM's for video communication, you might want to check out ooVoo. When you go to ooVoo, you can download free software that will let you talk face-to-face and send video messages to friends and family. This has got to be way more up-close and personal than traditional online messaging and emails! Love it!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!