Recycling your cell phone is definitely great, but it can be a little anticlimactic. Send the old phone off to the recycling center, feel good about self and earth, but then it's over. No tangible karmic payoff.
Hope Phones, however, lets you recycle that old phone and put it to good use (upcycling, you could call it). When you donate a cell phone to Hope Phones, the phone goes to a medical clinic in a developing country for their use. And they couldn't make it any easier; just click the red "donate" button and slip the phone into an envelope (they pay for the shipping).
Instant cell phone karma.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!