Oh, I know there's an unholy amount of music websites and services online (I think I've written about a few . . .), so I'm a little bit more conservative now about both highlighting and getting sucked into a new service. Thankfully, Sonic Living took the notion of there being so much music-related web stuff and ran with it: It's a website that syncs your bands and likes from iTunes and Last FM and lets you know when a concert is coming up or alerts you of any breaking news and pictures from Flickr photostreams of your "wishlist" bands.
Like almost any new website, there's a social network aspect involved, but it's pretty useful in this case, as you can share upcoming concerts with the friends you'd like to attend it with. Sonic Living is like a one-stop shop for all your favorite music services — you can even add concerts to your calendar and buy tickets with one click from Sonic Living!
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!