Face recognition technology is pretty mind-blowing, but most programs, like iPhoto '09, require that you tag at least a couple of photos with a name in order for it to start recognizing (and some work whether you want them to or not).
Taking it back to old-school facial recognition, though, is the fun website What's Your Name?
The technology this relies on is your eyes and the eyes of its other viewers. People send in photos with folks in it whose identity they don't know, and it's up to everyone else to try and see if they can figure out who they are.
The site is just getting started, so if you want to be a part of it — aside from trying to recognize people — start submitting to their site, should you have any old photos with mystery inhabitants.
Got a cool website you want people to know about? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!