- Forget about computer speak, Siri understands you as you would talk casually and conversationally. Say "Remind me to grab the gift when I get home," or "I'm looking for good Italian food nearby," and Siri responds back promptly. If Siri doesn't quite understand your request, it will question you further until it finds exactly what you are looking for.
- If you are driving in the car and can't be distracted with a touchscreen, Siri reads and sends text messages, finds directions, or helps you set or reschedule appointments on your calendar.
- Beyond the day-to-day, Siri helps you find apps and answer questions through Yelp and WolframAlpha, a knowledge search engine.
- Location software helps Siri know where you live, work, and where you spend most of your time. Based off of that information, Siri provides you the best options in terms of map routes, restaurants, or other locations.
- Siri can quickly call or text your friends. Simply say, "Text Kate I'm almost there" or "Call a cab," and Siri will quickly do so.
Like us on Facebook
We might not all have the means for a butler or secretary, but you can pretend you do with Siri on the iPhone 4S. Siri, a voice-activated "personal assistant" on the new iPhone 4S helps you send messages, set reminders, and search for information. Be sure to experiment with these five features when you pick up your iPhone 4S when it's released on Oct. 14.