Oddly enough, most of the geeks I know are well adjusted, attractive people with plenty of luck in the dating and significant other arena, but there are still some people out there that need to be convinced of the inherent joy and satisfaction that go along with dating a geek.
"In the wide world of dating, there are many options," says the anonymous geek lover. "Do you go for the flashy guy with the smooth smile, or the dude in the corner typing away on his laptop? The following are reasons why I think my fellow females should pay more attention to the quiet geeks and nerds, and less attention to the flashy boys."
For her top five reasons to date a geek,
- While geeks and nerds may be awkward, they’re well-meaning 9 out of 10 times. That smooth dude with the sly grin and the spider hands? Wonder what HIS intentions are... plus, I’ve never had a geek guy not call me when he said he would. Score major points THERE.
- They’re useful. In this tech-savvy world, it’s great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself.
- They’re more romantic than they’re given credit for. Ok true, their idea of romance might be to make up a spiffy web-page with all the reasons why they love you, with links to pics of you and sonnets and such... but hey. It lasts longer than flowers, plus you can show your friends.
- Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from. You like ‘em tall and slender? There are plenty of geeks/nerds who are. You like ‘em smaller with more meat on their bones? Got that too.
- They’ve got brains. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?
For the complete list, hop over to Craigslist.