Windows' new operating system, Vista, which is the first new operating system from Microsoft Corp. in five years, is being released today and despite controversy over whether or not certain elements of the system were "borrowed" from Mac OSX, there will be plenty of folks upgrading to the new system, which comes with moderate to good reviews. Microsoft boasts that it has managed to tighten security, increase parental controls, make media - from photos to videos to songs to cable television - easier to use and share, and linked everything even more tightly to the Internet, says the SF Chronicle. Here's a fun look at what Bill Gates likes about the new system.
For reasons why you should considering upgrading, just read more
According to Microsoft, these are the Top 5 Reasons to Buy Vista
- Windows Vista features a breakthrough design and easy-to-use organizational tools that make it simpler to get things done and get on with life! Find what you need instantly, on your PC or on the web, with Instant Search. Bring more clarity to your tasks with the spectacular Windows Aero user experience and Windows Flip 3D, allowing you to see everything you're working on at a glance.
- Navigate and play your music collection with just the click of a remote control! Windows Media Center and a compatible remote control let you quickly search and select tracks visually by album art, or by artist, album title, song, year, or genre. Share your Media Center screen and remote and give everyone the chance to mix and play their favorites.
- Windows Vista provides better protection for your PC, your personal information, and your family than any previous version of Windows—with new security tools like Windows Defender, anti-spam and phishing filters, and Parental Controls. Automatic backups, Performance Self-Tuning, and built-in diagnostics help you keep your data protected and your PC running smoothly.
- The breakthrough design of the Windows Aero user interface brings new clarity to your PC experience. With spectacular visual effects, like translucent glass-like menu bars that let you see behind your application window, you're one click away from everything you're working with.
- All-new search and organization tools in Windows Vista will help you quickly find what you need on your hard drive or on the web. Instantly find and launch a document, photo, e-mail, song, video, file, or program on your PC with Instant Search.
Check out the rest of Microsoft's list of reasons to upgrade to Vista. I also recommend going into an electronics store and testing it out yourself. Some online stores are offering special deals today.