According to geek legend, when the designers of the Twistahub started to lay down on paper what their new USB 2.0 high-speed four-port hub would look like, the designs came back rather bizzare-looking. One looked like a bunny, another like bacon, one looked like a teakettle.
The more practical of their designs, which wins my bid because of its mixture of colors and building blocks, is a hub designed to resemble everyone's favorite 80s geek toy, the rubiks cube.
The Twistahub's top two segments of the four port hub can also twist 180 degrees! Now your obnoxiously oversized USB devices can all coexist happily with a bit of extra room.
The Twistahub has five colorful bricks, four of which have USB female ports. Brick colors are blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. Get one from ThinkGeek.com for $24.99.
For more about it, just
- USB 2.0 High-Speed interface, supporting transfer rates up to 480Mbps
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 specification
- Offers both bus-powered mode and self-powered mode with external power adapter (not included)
- Automatic connection and speed detection
- Over-current detection and protection
- Two rotatable ports, easy to connect multiple devices and large USB devices
- Plug-and-play, supports hot-swapping of USB devices