- The breakup text: Although a majority of right-minded people say that breaking up over text is heartless, it happens. I'll put it to you this way: if your significant other checks his texts during sexy time, it's pretty likely that he'll use his favorite way of communicating to do the breaking up as well.
- The Facebook fiasco: If people think it's OK to fire employees over Facebook, it's likely that there are plenty of Facebook breakups happening as we speak. If that's not bad enough, you then have to go ahead and change your relationship status and sit through the barrage of condolences from your friends.
- The voicemail substitute: Here's to hoping that all those sweet voicemails you saved at the beginning of your relationship don't turn into the one you'll never forgive. Breaking up over voicemail is just gross. Don't be "that guy."
- The email explanation: There's nothing worse than getting a lame breakup email explaining everything your ex couldn't say in person. Well, maybe there are worse things. Take for example . . .
- The Twitter trick: Breaking up in 140 characters is probably the most humiliating way to end a relationship (albeit very on trend wouldn't you say?). Hopefully, your now-ex would have the decency to send a direct message instead of a mass tweet for all his followers to see. Hopefully.