Usually, I'm a pretty busy gal, but there are those rare times when I find myself with a weekend free to roam the city. So next time I'm looking for something to do, join, or see, I think I'll check out Upcoming first. Upcoming is powered by Yahoo, and provides a pretty extensive calendar of events in your city of choice. It's free to use, and there's even a place to promote your event on the site. I'm pretty stoked I found this when I did, cause today is a free day at the San Francisco MoMA — totally going to check that out before I head home.
Do you have a site you want to see featured on geeksugar? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!