I'm all about exploiting Google Maps to do my bidding, and as an avid garage sale fan, I freaked out a little when I found the website Yard Sale Treasure Map.
You put in your zip code along with the mile radius that you're willing to travel, and Yardsale Treasure Map mines Craigslist for the garage and yard sales happening currently or soon. Click on the markers to see the details of each ad, and it being a Google Map, directions to your treasure hunt are just one click away!
Found a cool site like this that you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!