I hate racing to YouTube to find some new music video or other hot viral only to get that black screen of death: "This video is no longer available." Not one to let anything go, I was always that kid asking, why, why, why, so YouTomb is like the patient teacher in the ways of the world — who tells you exactly why the video you're looking for got pulled.
YouTomb came into existence by a student group at MIT who were curious about YouTube's practices in removing videos and thought that their site could shed some light on copyright infringement issues. That's all very noble, but I also love surfing YouTomb's homepage in hopes to see scandalous videos getting taken down for scandalous reasons — I'm a cheap thrills kind of girl!
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!