With thousands upon thousands of apps available in the Apple App Store, there's more than enough to choose from, and way more than your iPhone, iPod, or iPad can handle. However, with the recent update to iOS 4, there are just a handful that have been optimized for fast app switching and multitasking, and even some that have added new features to go along with the new OS. Out of all the iOS 4-optimized apps we've come across, here are some of my faves, and some essentials.
- Twitter (Free) — The official Twitter app allows fast app switching, and even sends tweets when you've switched out of the app, including photos and video.
- I Am T-Pain ($1) — Now, in iOS 4, you can share your recordings with friends on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or email, and also record video when used for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4!
- Pandora (Free) — Play your tunes in the background!
To see the rest of the list, just keep reading.
- Windows Live Messenger (Free) — This just-released app is primped and primed for iOS 4 with its quick switching capabilities, and keeps you signed in when in the background.
- Evernote (Free) — This app will continue recording your notes in the background, and is Retina display-ready.
- FlightTrack Pro ($10) — Always on the move? This newly updated app will allow you to sync the flights you're tracking with your calendar, and send SMS messages within the app.
- New York Times (Free) — The NYT app has been upgraded to be more stable, and allows for fast app switching.
- TripJournal ($1) — Track your trips with this app, which uses GPS to plot movements along your route, add bookmarks and notes to certain locations, and geo-tag your videos and pics for easy reference.
- LinkedIn (Free) — Fast app switching allows you to quickly move in and out of LinkedIn.