Yesterday, Steve Jobs and company unveiled the much-anticipated iPad 2. While it didn't come with some of the things we were expecting (a higher resolution screen and built-in SD card reader to name a few), it does have a few great attributes that make it a worthy purchase. In fact, although it may not stack up in some aspects to its competitors, it more than makes up for in design, speed, and function. Check out five reasons why you'll love the iPad 2 below!
- It's fast — The iPad 2 comes with a dual core A5 chip and major graphics card upgrades, which makes it nine times faster than its predecessor . . . and it shows.
- It's super thin — The first iPad was thin, but the iPad 2 is even smaller. You may think the smaller size would make it seem delicate and fragile, but the reality is it's easier to hold and seems sturdier than the first iPad.
- It comes in two colors — How can you say no to a color option? The iPad 2 comes in white or black, and there's no delaying the white — it's due out on March 11 as well.
See the rest of the list after the break.
- Dual cameras — Finally, the iPad gets a camera! Not just one though, you can FaceTime with pals and record video with the front and rear-facing cameras on this model.
- Choice of carriers — Since the iPhone 4 moved to Verizon, it's been expected that the trend would continue to the new iPad. Predictions were right: you can get the iPad on AT&T or Verizon's 3G networks, or forget the connections all together and stick with WiFi-only.