This week: some big announcements from Google, more iPad 2 rumors, and some geeky ladies in the spotlight. Check out these stories and more of what was on our radar this week.
- The week started off with a plenty of iPad 2 rumors, including technical specs that may push the device ahead of its competitors. And then on Thursday, we heard rumors that the device will be revealed next week.
- Google made a big announcement this week as it unveiled Honeycomb, the latest version of Android engineered specifically for tablet devices.
- Google also unveiled its web-based Android Market providing a much-needed central location for Android apps.
- AskMen released its annual list of the 99 most desirable women of 2011, and eight of them have serious geek cred.
- Star Wars fans: if you've been waiting to pick up the R2D2 edition of the Motorola Droid, now's the time!
- And now that Words With Friends is coming to Android, those new R2D2 phones (and every other Android-powered device) are even cooler.
- If iPhones are more your style, you might think about trading your older model for an iPhone 4 at participating Target locations next week. You'll have to re-sign your AT&T contract, but your old iPhone could net you up to $200.