Don't be too distracted by all the new Apple toys announced today — if you're looking for a deal, then the older models are the ones you'll want.
Apple is focusing its attention on getting its devices in as many hands as possible, with the announcement of the first free Mac operating system upgrade and offering iWork and iLife on the house. Mac hardware is now more accessible, too. Before buying the latest and greatest, take a look at all the price drops announced at today's Apple event.
- Original iPad Mini ($299, down from $329)
- New 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina ($1,299, down from $1,499 in the previous version)
- New 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina ($1,999, down from $2,019 for the previous version)
- OS X Mavericks (free, down from $20 for the previous version)
- iWork and iLife for Mac and iOS (free with purchase of a new Mac or iOS device, iWork is normally $10 for each app and iLife is normally $5)