- "My mom and a friend of mine both use a 3G and they have both noticed the phones acting sluggish and very unresponsive after they updated to the new 4.0 and even 4,1 software." — (L)
- "I ran iOS4 on my 3G for a few months and never had a problem. Of course I did end up getting the iPhone 4, but that had nothing to do with my phone being slow or anything." — bethinabox
Read more of your comments when you read more.
- "So my 3G has become worse than the caveman phone I had for some time (between phone contracts). My earpiece has stopped working, and the only time I can actually hear someone is if I have the phone on speaker or have my headsets plugged in. When I am typing in an E-mail, it thinks for actually two minutes (I counted) before letting me start typing. Now my alarm actually starts going off one hour before it is scheduled for so a 5:00 a.m. wake up call turns into a 4:00 a.m. wake up call! I had taken it to the Apple store to get it fixed, the "Genius" there kept saying I don't know to all my questions, and then recommended I buy the 4G! Crapple indeed!" — shoegirl365
- "I upgraded my 3G, which I keep at the bedside, since I also got a iPhone 4 for my pocket. The 3G works perfectly. It doesn't even seem slow except next to the 4. " — astandy
- "It makes a LOT of sense now. My 3G has gone downhill so fast since iOS4 came out." — eliburford
- "I don't know about malicious intent (but it might be true), but they screwed us by not allowing reinstall of iOS3." — by_tor