(Updated) Although you can buy an iPhone at a number of locations on launch day, not all retailers will be offering up preorders tomorrow. For example, you'll have to wait until June 24 to get your hands on an iPhone at Walmart. So get your game plan ready, study up on the new iOS 4 while you're waiting, and check out my list of locations that are accepting iPhone 4 preorders below.
- Where to order: In store and online (time yet to be announced).
- Deposit: None
- Pickup: Delivery, or pick up at store you requested.
- Additional info: Best way to order since you'll be guaranteed to get your new iPhone 4 on launch day.
- Where to order: In store and online at regular opening hours.
- Deposit: Confirmed by AT&T that your card will be authorized for full amount during preorder, but won't be charged until your iPhone 4 is shipped.
- Pickup: In same store, or delivered.
- Additional info: There have been reports that you will not be guaranteed delivery on June 24. If you choose this route, be prepared to wait a few extra days. Additionally, AT&T may not be allowing preorders for the white iPhone 4.
See the other locations (and update) after the break.
- Where to order: In store at regular opening hours.
- Deposit: $50
- Pickup: In the same store during scheduled time.
- Additional info: If you decide not to buy between now and June 24, your $50 deposit will be turned into store credit.
- Where to order: In store at opening hours.
- Deposit: $50
- Pickup: In the same store.
- Additional info: If you have questions, you can tweet at Radio Shack with the hashtag #shackiPhone.
Update: It seems there is some shady business going on with third-party retailers taking preorders. Both Radio Shack and Best Buy are now saying they may not be taking preorders tomorrow after all, but may do so by the end of the week. My advice — order through Apple or head to your nearest Apple Store directly.