My iPhone alarm went off without a hitch this morning (is that a good thing?), but plenty of you lamented about your buggy alarm when we asked you if your iPhone woke you up on Twitter. Apple said the alarm issue would be resolved by Jan. 3, but until there's an actual fix in place, you can always work around it (by setting a new alarm each day — no reoccurring ones), buy a cute nightstand clock (you know, old school), or just install one of these reliable iPhone alarm apps to use as a backup from here on out.
- Alarm Clock + (Free) — This simple app uses your music as your alarm, provides automatic weather reports with your internal GPS, and has a flashlight for those late-night bathroom trips.
- Clock Pro Free (Free) — This clock app has all your timing needs covered, coming with an alarm clock, music alarms, notifications, an analog clock, chess clock, stopwatch, world clock, nature times (for high tide, low tide, and sunrise/sunset), sleep timer, egg timer, countdown clock, and even a project clock that works when your iPhone is turned off. Phew!
- Alarmed (Free) — This alarm app is simple and easy to use, coming with reminder alerts, reoccurring alarms, reusable timers, sleep timers, and custom sounds.
See the rest after the break.
- Nightstand Central ($1) — This app not only offers a cool flip-top clock, but also customizable wallpapers, weather reports, multiple alarms, a sleep timer, and even a flashlight function.
- Alarm Clock Pro ($1) — Customize your colors, theme, alarm sounds (including playlists and song selections), and weather location. Works on your iPhone or iPod Touch.