To say that the iPhone is the most popular smartphone on the market is kind of an understatement — after just two generations, Apple has sold more than 40 million iPhones, and users have downloaded one billion-plus apps from the App Store. And the newest iteration is going to be even better, with more than 100 new features, including the expected cut/copy/paste and MMS support, tethering (which connects your iPhone to your computer via wireless and Bluetooth), and even more that you may not have expected.
Like the one called Find My iPhone. Available for Mobile Me customers, this feature helps you (duh) find your phone on a map by logging into Mobile Me. You can also activate a locator signal (even if your phone is in silent mode) so someone in that area can find it and return it. Plus, if your phone really is lost or stolen, you can wipe the data clean so no one gets your personal data.
There's plenty of other features coming with iPhone 3.0. To check them out, just
- Landscape for all standard applications like text messaging
- Download movies, TV, and audio books in iTunes
- Parental controls that let you limit your kid's activity in iTunes, App Store, and Safari
- A "shake to undo" feature
- 30 languages now available
- Form autofill in Safari
- Peer-to-peer support for games and music
- Push notifications