In case you have been living under a rock, today is the official release day of the highly anticipated device of all devices- the iPhone! If you plan on getting your hands on an iPhone you better step away from the computer, pack a lunch, water and some snacks and make your way to an Apple or AT&T/Cingular store.
I've put together a simple iPhone Release Guide with links to some of the best recourses on the web, including Gridskipper, who has created a series of "Ultimate Campout Guides" for Old Town Pasadena, SF Stonestown, NYC Fifth Avenue, LA Century City, SF Downtown and NYC Soho.
AT&T has hired 2,000 temporary workers to handle the expected crowds and will close down locally at 4.30 p.m. on Friday to prepare for the launch, then reopen at 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Whatever you do, don't follow professional line man Greg Packer's example and please keep your shirt on. Of course, don't forget to take lots of photos from the line and with your new phone and share them with us! To learn how to post your photos in the Geeky Things I Love group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geeky Things I Love
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this post was "museum, Lego")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geeky Things I Love and start sharing your photos. They might end up on the geeksugar homepage!