Arugula and Pear Salad with Dijon Sherry Vinaigrette
From Dave Lieberman
1 medium bunch arugula, washed and stemmed
1 Bosc pear
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
2 heaping teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
1 shallot, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup walnuts halves, toasted
- Add the arugula leaves to a medium bowl.
- Core and slice the pear into 1/8-inch thick slices and add to arugula.
- In another small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the arugula and pears with the dressing.
- Divide the salad between the plates and top with the toasted walnuts. Serve immediately.